Elective language courses will be closed to interactive registration. Students who would like to take a language elective course from this department should follow the procedures below:
- Applications to take an elective course will be made during the first hour of classes. Students will be asked to fill in a form during this first hour of classes. Therefore, students should be present in the first session of the course and section that fits into their own schedules.
- The list of students who are accepted to the course will be announced before the following class.
- Students who are accepted to the course should bring their transcripts with them and show them to the instructor for CGPA control, before their elective cards are signed. The instructor may also ask to see the transcripts of the previous terms to check if a student is complying with the prerequisites set by the department. (Transcripts can be obtained from the METU website)
- If a student is accepted to the course but does not attend classes during the first week, s/he will be dropped from the course and a new student from the waiting list will be permitted to take the course instead of him/her.
- Students who are accepted to elective language courses will finalize their registration during the Add-Drop and Advisor Approval period in the relevant semester.